Call for Participation in the 1st IEEE IoT Vertical and Topical Summit on “Connectivity and Communications” to be held January 14th -15th, 2018 as part of IEEE RWW2018
The Summit is a call to action for those interested in the science, engineering, and deployment of wireless system, components, products, and services. The theme for the Summit is “Indispensible Wireless Connectivity” and characterizes the essential role that Wireless Systems play in making IoT a reality. The goal of the IEEE Initiative is to advance and nurture the adoption of IoT for the benefit of society. The Summit is an opportunity to participate with your colleagues in sharing experiences and knowledge about IoT and where wireless systems, components, and technologies can solve some of the challenges posed by the wide range of IoT application and requirements. It is also a chance to chart the future evolution of the technology that will enable effective radio transmitter and receiver performance and wireless systems to support the diverse demands of IoT.
We look forward to a balanced participation from industry, the public sector, and the research community at the event. Join with recognized pioneers, leaders and experts in Wireless Technologies and IoT from the Commercial World, Academia, and Government, for the exiting program of presentations, panels, and working group discussions.
The Summit will address:
- What IoT is about and the role of IEEE and the IEEE IoT Initiative.
- Why wireless systems are crucial for IoT.
- Examples of IoT applications and the diversity of uses and requirements.
- Important trends in Wireless Technologies and Platforms.
- What future steps the community can take, by convening the IoT Topical Working Group on “Connectivity and Communications.”