Biweekly telecons are on Thursdays at 10am eastern.
Agenda (updated 22 August):
- Roll Call of Working Group Members (Ben Goldberg, Recruiting Coordinator)
- Reminder – Next few working group telecons are 23, August, 6 September, 20 September
- Schedule for Working Group Bi-Annual Workshops (1st meeting (2nd AIS workshop) targeted for 30-31 October 2018) in Menlo Park, California (SRI)
- Migration to IEEE P2247 AIS website… go to: http://sites.ieee.org/sagroups-2247-1/ to sign up soonest… old CAIS website is coming down effective 15 September.
- Officer Reports:
- Secretary Report (Drew Hampton)
- Treasurer Report (Jody Cockroft)
- Recruiting Coordinator Report (Ben Goldberg)
- Collaboration – ICICLE Report (Paula Durlach, Avron Barr)
- AIS SIG is working on a report the implications of AI in adaptive systems for learning engineering
- ICICLE is examining steps to develop learning engineering as a profession
- ICICLE will be meeting F2F in Alexandria, VA starting Monday, 27 August prior to IFest
- Collaboration – IEEE 9274 Report (Keith Brawner, Avron Barr) – Standards for xAPI after IFest on Wednesday afternoon at 1:30-5Pm
- Human Computer Interaction International (HCII) approved our proposal to start up a new affiliated conference, Adaptive Instructional Systems, beginning 26-31 July 2019 at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, Orlando, Florida, USA. The HCII affiliated conference will fill the role of one of our semi-annual face to face meetings each year and provide access to a larger international audience. If you are interested in a role on the conference board, as a session chair, or as a tutorial chair (HCII pays for 1/2 day sessions), please contact Bob Sottilare
- Discussion – Initial standard – AIS conceptual model point papers:
How to join the telecon…
If you have a join.me account or want to sign up, please go to: https://join.me/IEEE-CAIS (need to login)
If you want to join as a guest, go to https://join.me, and use Conference ID: 854-669-751 to join the meeting (anonymous login, but asks for your name later)
Dial this number for voice: +1.646.307.1990
If you want to present, you will need to either: download the join.me app so I can pass control to you OR I can flip slides for you if you email me your presentation by 0800am on Thursday.