Opening of the IEEE Standards Sponsor Balloting
BALLOT OPENS: 26-Oct-2018
BALLOT CLOSES: 26-Nov-2018.
(No votes and/or comments will be accepted after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the close date. Make sure you review the document, cast your vote, and submit your comments before the closing date/time)
Title: Standard for Networked Smart Learning Objects for Online Laboratories
Scope: This standard defines methods for storing and retrieving learning objects for remote laboratories. The standard will also define methods for linking learning objects to design and implement smart learning environments for remote online laboratories. These objects are, for example, interfaces for devices connected to user computers over computers networks and the devices themselves. They are also learning scenarios or collaboration tools for communications necessary to conduct an activity of practical online laboratory work; to design and implement mechanisms that make smart learning environment formed by the ad hoc aggregation of learning objects taking into account the pedagogical context for their use.
Purpose: To ease the design and implementation of pedagogically driven remote laboratory experiments and its learning environments.
Balloters have many important responsibilities, but we would like to draw your attention to two of these responsibilities:
- One of the responsibilities as a balloter is to ensure that the scope of the draft (including the scope statement in the draft, if any) is within the scope of the work authorized by the PAR. An affirmative vote indicates your agreement that the scope of the draft does not exceed the work authorized by the PAR.(Note: It is acceptable for the scope of the draft to be less than the scope of the work authorized by the PAR.)
- Another important responsibility is the obligation to comply with the IEEE-SA Patent Policy [http://standards.ieee.org/about/sasb/patcom/materials.html]. This is pertinent to informing the IEEE (or causing the IEEE to be informed) of the identity of the holders of any potential Essential Patent Claims that may be relevant to this draft. This does not apply if the patent claim is already the subject of an Accepted Letter of Assurance [http://standards.ieee.org/about/sasb/patcom/patents.html] that applies to the draft under consideration.
For sponsor ballots of amendments and corrigenda, please contact your staff liaison if there is a need for the base standard or any approved amendments or corrigenda. Five business days are required to fulfill your request, so requests should be made as early in the ballot process as possible.
The ballot process may include communication among the Sponsor comment resolution group and Sponsor balloting group members regarding the substantive merits and possible resolution of comments. However, no comment resolution member, Sponsor balloting group member, or standards participant shall intimidate or coerce a specific vote from any Sponsor balloting group member. Please contact your staff liaison if you have any concerns.
ACCESS THE DOCUMENT, SUBMIT YOUR VOTE, AND SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS
Go directly to:
(Note: You may be prompted for your password if not already logged in).
Or, follow this process:
1. Log onto myProject; click the link for myBallot, or my Ballot Home (Voter) if applicable.
2. Click the link for “Manage myBallot Activity.”
3. Locate P1876.
4. Click on the DRAFT# to open the draft; click on the drop-down box to submit your vote; click on the comments link (under the Actions column) to submit your comments.
Comments MUST be submitted in plain text using one of the following formats available in myBallot:
(a) single comment submittal (i.e, entering one comment at a time into a comment field, with an attachment mechanism for files in any format); or
(b) multiple comment submittal (i.e., entering comments onto a spreadsheet template provided in either XLS, XML or CSV format, for upload into myBallot).
Attempting to submit comments into myBallot through any other format will result in an error message and your upload will not be accepted. For best results, please review the associated help pages thoroughly before proceeding.
Comments submitted for IEEE-SA Sponsor ballots are contributions to IEEE standards development. By submitting comments, you agree to provide a license to the IEEE for use of your comments (see Clause 7 of the IEEE-SA Standards Board Bylaws and Clause 6.1 of the IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual.
Note: This draft standard is posted for your review and for balloting purposes only. Please be advised that, as a part of the license granted to IEEE Standards Staff, draft or approved standards included during ballots are permitted to be accessed by balloters, and used (which includes saving one copy) during their review in order to submit a vote. Balloters are not permitted to duplicate or distribute the draft or approved standards to any other party without permission granted from the IEEE
NOTE: If you are fulfilling coordination duties only, you will not be able to cast a vote. Coordinators can only submit comments. Please follow the instructions above to access the document and submit your comments.
If you should have any questions about this document, please contact: