BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CHAPTER
The Southern Alberta PES/IAS Joint Chapter was established May 2, 1979. The Chapter represents IEEE members in the Power and Energy Society and Industry Applications Society, within the geographic territory of the Southern Alberta Section (est. May 10, 1956).
Southern Alberta has a long history of hosting and co-sponsoring world-class electrical power industry conferences and workshops, some with an attendance of over 2000, including:
- 2007/2017 IEEE Petroleum and Chemical Industry Technical Conference (PCIC)
- 2008 North American Power Symposium (NAPS)
- 2009/2015 IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference (I&CPS)
- 2009 IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting (PES GM)
- 2010/2012/2014/2016/2018 IEEE Electrical Safety, Technical and Mega Projects Workshop (ESTMP)
- 2014 Electric Power and Energy Conference (EPEC)
The quality of the Chapter’s Technical Program and the efforts of its Volunteers have been recognized by its Technical Society Parents in 2013 and again in 2016. In 2013, the Chapter received the IAS’s Outstanding Large Joint Chapter Award, and the PES’s High Performing Chapter distinction. In 2016, the Chapter received the IAS’s Continuing Outstanding Performance – Large Chapter Award, and the PES’s High Performing Chapter distinction.
These awards are the result of a great volunteer effort, the support of our sponsors, and the enthusiasm of our members in organizing and participating in the many events we have organized. Thank you for your continued support of our Chapter. We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events.
P.Eng., CFEI, SMIEEE
Mirza Danish Baig
CHAPTER COMMITTEE MEMBERS-AT-LARGE
|2015-2016||Shan Pandher||Rasheek Rifaat||Tim Driscoll||Vivek Tadiparty||Ken Martyn|
|2013-2014||Dale Tardiff||Rasheek Rifaat||Tim Driscoll||Mohamed Ettaby||Ken Martyn & Mohammad Rassouli|
|2011-2012||Tim Driscoll||Rasheek Rifaat||Patrick Wong|
Help us fill-in the history of our Chapter. Contact us if you can fill-in the blanks on past chapter officers.