IEEE is worldwide organization that serves as a resource for engineers, researchers, and scientists, and acts as
a catalyst for technological innovation.
Driven by volunteers, IEEE:
• Provides educational resources
• Furnishes career guidance
• Hosts local technical, professional,
educational and social activities
• Leads the way in standards development
Give your expertise
As an IEEE volunteer, you will play a key
role in the future of the organization.
From technical and student activities,
to student outreach, membership
development, and history – you can have
a say in your area of expertise.
• Plan meetings
• Chair a committee
• Evaluate award candidates
• Mentor students
Now you can contribute your knowledge, plus connect and network with peers, technical experts and business
competitors in your field of interest.
• Gain management and leadership skills for your career
• Expand your understanding of your chosen profession
• Enhance the public perception and image of engineers
It’s all part of the “give and grow” aspect of the volunteer experience.