About IEEE SMC Society
The vision of the Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society is to be recognized as the world leading society for the advancement of theory and application in systems science and engineering, human-machine systems, and cybernetics.
The mission of the Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society is to serve the interests of its members and the community at large by promoting the theory, practice, and interdisciplinary aspects of systems science and engineering, human-machine systems, and cybernetics. It is accomplished through conferences, publications, and other activities that contribute to the professional needs of its members.
The following fundamental values provide the foundation for all SMC Society activities:
- Membership: Maximize the value of being a member.
- Professionalism: Advance knowledge and professional development.
- Excellence: Deliver high quality and relevant services and products.
- Integrity: Act with honesty and fairness.
- Collaboration: Achieve results and excellence through teamwork.
- Communication: Promote honest and transparent interactions.
- Diversity: Embrace diversity of members and their ideas.
- Empowerment: Empower volunteers and value their contributions.
- Equality: Provide equal opportunities to all members.
- Respect: Practice respectfulness in all relationships.
Development of systems engineering technology including problem definition methods, modeling, and simulation, methods of system experimentation, human factors engineering, data and methods, systems design techniques and test and evaluation methods.
Integration of the theories of communication, control, cybernetics, stochastics, optimization, and system structure towards the formulation of a general theory of systems.
Application at hardware and software levels to the analysis and design of biological, ecological, socio-economic, social service, computer information, and operational man-machine systems.