Welcome to the 2012 Twelfth Annual Student Design Contest, hosted by IEEE Rochester Institute of Technology Student Branch.
The IEEE RIT Student Branch invites students in accredited engineering schools to showcase their senior level, undergraduate, design projects at our annual student design contest. Each year we mail contest advertisement posters to schools in the northeast US and Canada (IEEE regions 1, 2, and 7).
Projects are evaluated by judges experienced in the field of engineering and six awards are given based on specific criteria. Held during the annual ImagineRIT Festival, the student design contest is a great way to obtain feedback from industry professionals as well as gain promotion of your design project and connectivity to other engineers.
May 5th 2012
7:00 am – 8:00pm
Rochester Institute of Technology
Xerox Auditorium, Bldg 9
Team applications will be accepted until April 13th.
How to Apply:
Visit This Page to enter your team in the 2012 Student Design Competition.
Also Email Us the following information (Once per team):
- First and Last name of each team member
- A current IEEE membership number for at least one of the team members
- A contact E-mail address, phone number, and street address for the team members
- The full name of the team’s university and department
- The project’s advisor name and E-mail
- Project title and a brief description (~100-200 words)
- Links to project website if available
- Entry documentation, papers, or reports can be emailed after registering
Invitation/ Event Description:
The Rochester Institute of Technology Student Branch of the IEEE invites you to participate in our 12th annual Student Design Contest. This event has become an excellent way to showcase innovative projects related to electrical engineering built by teams consisting of undergraduate students. Time and time again participating teams have proven that through their perseverance and intellect some truly awe inspiring advancements in technology are achievable and we look forward to carrying on this tradition. As reward for these students diligence, a panel of judges will determine the first, second and third place teams to win this year’s cash prizes.
RIT IEEE holds the right to accept or deny any applicants.