Team work gives better rewards, is a well known fact. IEEE SASTRA SB has active collaborations with local student association ASCIEE-ECE (www.sastra.edu/asciee), jointly conducting events and workshops for the benefit of IEEE Student Members and other students from the university.
IEEE SASTRA SB, in collaboration with ASCIEE since October 2014, has conducted the following events in the past.
- Lecture on “Trends in Embedded Systems and VLSI Design“, October 16, 2014 by Prof. J. Siva and Dr. R. Sundararaman, Dept of ECE, SASTRA University
- Paper Presentation Event, April 4 2015, as a part of ASCIEE techfest Sankalp 2015
- IEEE Day 2015 Celebrations-Two Talks from Mr. A.R. Singaravadivel, Chairman, ASCIEE and Mr. R.Sudharshan, Chairman, IEEE SASTRA SB and a Technical Quiz Contest, on IEEE Day 2015, October 6, 2015
- Technical Articles from IEEE SB and ASCIEE-“VV Chronicle”. An initiative by which technical articles on core electronics engineering will be sent regularly to registered participants, and regular discussion forums will be held. VV Chronicle will be relaunched in July 2016 for registered participants and Fresh Registrations will open in June 2016.
- PCB Design Workshop-28th February 2016. Participants were provided with hands on experience of how to make a simple PCB with the help of Eagle Platform. They were provided with basic PCB Design kit. Resource Persons: Dr. James A Baskaradas, SAP-ECE and Shri. N. Raju, AP-ECE.