WIE coordinator IEEE UCET : Attiya Cheema
Mission and Vision of IEEE WIE
The mission of IEEE WIE is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally.
IEEE WIE envisions a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE WIE envisions a vibrant community of IEEE women and men innovating the world of tomorrow.
IEEE WIE strives to:
- recognize women’s outstanding achievements in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations;
- organize receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE;
- advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession;
- provide assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups and support ongoing activities;
- promote IEEE member grade advancement for women to the membership grades of Senior Member and Fellow;
- facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into and retention of women in engineering programs;
- administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools.