What is IEEE?
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a professional organization supporting the advancement of technology for the benefit of humanity. The roots of this organization go back to the late 1800's, when electricity became a major component in the development society. Today IEEE is a worldwide organization that provides its members with access to publications, conferences, networking opportunities, and more!Learn More
3 Reasons to Join IEEE USF Student Branch Now!
1. It is free to join the organization.
2. IEEE USF sponsors many events throughout the semester, offering students an opportunity to meet new people and learn.
3. Picnics, competitions, technical talks and other networking opportunities are all hosted by the chapter, all for free!
Free Workshops and Events
We hold multiple events and projects during the year to aid the technical and professional development of students; from learning to use a soldering iron, to benefiting from resume and interview workshops, to landing an internship or job position through one of our info-sessions.
Be a part of the world's largest professional association, dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellance!Join Now!
Join IEEE USF
The IEEE University of South Florida Student Chapter serves as a bridge between USF and the IEEE national organization. Student membership allows access to conferences and local events!Join Now!
Become a Sponsor
We invite you to help and be part of our efforts to strengthen our future engineers. The IEEE USF Student branch has access to an increasing number of technically savvy students every year.Learn More
- Catalyzing High-Quality Research and Innovation
- It’s Never Too Early To Think About 6G Michael Koziol
- Stickman Explores the Physics of Flying Through the Air Morgan Pope
- A Quantum Drum Brings Quantum Mechanics to the Macroscale Dexter Johnson
- To Treat Obesity, a Bioreactor Transforms Bad Fat Into Good Fat Eliza Strickland
- Why a Robot Can’t Yet Outjump a Flea
- Now available online: DesignCon 2018 Keysight Education Forum (KEF) Sessions
- Simulating a Medical Device Interaction with a Biological System
- Video Friday: Andy Rubin on Robotics, Dynamic Exoskeleton, and Two Robot Heads Erico Guizzo, Evan Ackerman and Fan Shi
- Graphene Stimulator Paves Way for Optical Pacemakers, Smart Opioids, and Electronic Cancer Killers Emily Waltz
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors:
Click here to add to IEEE Resume Database
Form a team of three and solve programming challenges during a three hour time frame.Learn More
IEEE Florida West Coast Section
The challenge of this competition is to design a robot that moves autonomously around a predetermined track.Learn More