What is IEEE?
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a professional organization supporting the advancement of technology for the benefit of humanity. The roots of this organization go back to the late 1800's, when electricity became a major component in the development society. Today IEEE is a worldwide organization that provides its members with access to publications, conferences, networking opportunities, and more!Learn More
3 Reasons to Join IEEE USF Student Branch Now!
1. It is free to join the organization.
2. IEEE USF sponsors many events throughout the semester, offering students an opportunity to meet new people and learn.
3. Picnics, competitions, technical talks and other networking opportunities are all hosted by the chapter, all for free!
Free Workshops and Events
We hold multiple events and projects during the year to aid the technical and professional development of students; from learning to use a soldering iron, to benefiting from resume and interview workshops, to landing an internship or job position through one of our info-sessions.
Be a part of the world's largest professional association, dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellance!Join Now!
Join IEEE USF
The IEEE University of South Florida Student Chapter serves as a bridge between USF and the IEEE national organization. Student membership allows access to conferences and local events!Join Now!
Become a Sponsor
We invite you to help and be part of our efforts to strengthen our future engineers. The IEEE USF Student branch has access to an increasing number of technically savvy students every year.Learn More
- Robots for Kids: Designing Social Machines That Support Children's Learning Jacqueline M. Kory Westlund
- Musk Claims "Verbal" Approval for a Hyperloop Tunnel From New York To D.C. Philip E. Ross
- Where the Jobs Are: 2017 Julianne Pepitone
- Wearable Sensors Give Skin Space to Breathe Megan Scudellari
- Let’s Stop Using Ankle Bracelets to Monitor Offenders Robert S. Gable
- Choosing the Middle Path for Industrial IoT Standards
- The Nuclear Weapons Complexities G. Pascal Zachary
- Black Hole Power: How String Theory Idea Could Lead to New Thermal-Energy Harvesting Tech Mark Anderson
- For First Time, On-Chip Nanoantennas Enable High-Bit-Rate Transmission Dexter Johnson
- AI Can Help Patients Recover Ability to Stand and Walk Charles Q. Choi
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors:
Click here to add to IEEE Resume Database
Form a team of three and solve programming challenges during a three hour time frame.Learn More
IEEE Florida West Coast Section
The challenge of this competition is to design a robot that moves autonomously around a predetermined track.Learn More