Thank you to everyone for making the IEEE USF displays possible at the Engineering Expo! In both 2013 and 2015, we successfully put on a laser light show for Engineering Expo and were successful both years. Last year we partnered with the “X-Labs” student organization and had a joint presentation with tesla coils and our laser show. If you are interested or want to get involved by presenting for Expo 2017 we could use your help.
Ways to Get Involved
Becoming a volunteer or an officer is the number one way you can join th team. In becoming an officer you will help plan events, organize projects, fundraise for the IEEE Electronics and Engineering organization and more! Interested candidates should contact the IEEE USF president for details. Great minds think alike so fresh ideas are always welcomed.
One of our biggest campus events is our engineering expo which is open to the public and gives people of all ages the opportunity to explore the world of engineering. If you have never encountered a water spraying robots or cool Chemisty explosions? If not, you’re missing out. Remeber this only happens once a year so read further for your chance to experience it all.
Officer positions that are currently available include:
- Responsible for handing out flyers & informing students about our organization.
- Plan social meeting like bowling nights or poker tournaments…etc.
- Distribute flyers and create sidewalks chalk advertisement of events.
Engineering Expo Chair:
- Coordinates with the Expo committee on behalf of our student branch.
- Plans Engineering Expo displays.
- Recruits help from other students for Engineering Expo.
- Looks for organization sponsors
- Plans fundraising events
- Offers new ideas