The IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative aims to reward the top electrical engineering students in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada, and encourage them to pursue careers in power & energy. Since 2011, 723 students have been recognized as PES Scholars. These students have been from 180+ schools including the following:
- Drexel University
- North Carolina State University
- Northeastern University
- South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- South Dakota State University
- State University of New York – Buffalo
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Texas @ Austin
- University of Washington
- Washington State University
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Selected students can receive up to US$7,000 over three years, and get assistance finding career experience opportunities. They must also be citizens (or permanent residents) of the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada, be willing to take power engineering courses, and have a GPA of at least 3.0. See the full eligibility requirements.
Application closes June 30, 2017, so don’t delay!