2016 20 September Announcement
|SC Council of Engineering and Surveying Societies is Requesting Applications for Two Seats on the SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors|
Application Deadline October 15, 2016
Governor Nikki Haley has the opportunity to appoint two qualified Professional Engineers to the SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors beginning January 1, 2017.
Each engineering and surveying member of the Registration Board must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of South Carolina, must be licensed in this state, must have been engaged in the practice of engineering or surveying in this state for at least twelve (12) years, and must have been in responsible charge of important engineering or surveying work for at least five (5) years. Responsible charge of teaching engineering may be construed as responsible charge of engineering work. The primary responsibility of board members is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public of South Carolina.
The SC Council of Engineering and Surveying Societies is charged, by law, to make recommendations to the Governor from which she must appoint engineers and surveyors to the Registration Board.
The SC Council of Engineering and Surveying Societies is accepting letters of application from Professional Engineers who meet the state’s minimum requirements that wish to be considered for the Registration Board position.
The deadline for submitting applications with the SC Council of Engineering and Surveying Societies is Saturday, October 15, 2016. Interviews for the two open positions will be conducted on October 25, 2016 in Columbia, SC.
The following information should accompany the letter of interest in the form of a resume: education and collegiate achievements, engineering/surveying achievements, professional and technical society activities, civic and humanitarian activities, continuing competence, professional experience, general personal data, and references.
Applications with the above information may be submitted by hardcopy or electronically. Applications should be submitted to the SC Council of Engineering and Surveying Societies, c/o Jones, McAden & Associates, P.O. Box 11937, Columbia, SC 29211-1937 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Questions call 803-771-4271.
Area 7 History
- American Institute of Electrical Engineers and the Institute of Radio Engineers (IRE)
- AIEE South Carolina Section (District 4)
- AIEE District 4 Map
- IRE Piedmont Subsection of NC-VA Section
- IRE Region 3 Atlanta Section’s Charleston Subsection Becomes South Carolina Section
- IRE South Carolina Section
- Formation of IEEE South Carolina Section
- IEEE South Carolina Affiliation of Sections
- Formation of IEEE South Carolina Council
- Formation of IEEE Area 7
Area 7/SC Council
Central Savannah River Section
- Augusta Technical College
Coastal SC Section
- Coastal South Carolina IEEE Join Society Chapter of IEEE Computer Society (C16), IEEE Communications Society (COM19) and IEEE Power and Energy Society (PE31)
- Horry-Georgetown Tech College IEEE Student Branch
- The Citadel IEEE Student Branch
- Trident Technical College IEEE Student Branch
- Florence-Darlington Technical College IEEE Student Branch (Inactive)
- South Carolina State University IEEE Student Branch
- University of South Carolina IEEE Student Branch
- University of South Carolina IEEE Student Branch Chapter of Power Electronics Society
- University of South Carolina IEEE Student Branch Chapter of Power and Energy Society
- University of South Carolina IEEE Student Branch Chapter of Eta Kappa Nu Honor Society
- Piedmont Section IEEE Student Branch
- Clemson University IEEE Student Branch
- Clemson University IEEE Student Branch Chapter of Intelligent Transportation Systems Society