IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests to a career in engineering.
Did you know we are:
- 15,000+ IEEE WIE members
- 600+ WIE affinity groups
- 1500+ annual WIE events
- in 70+ countries
2017 Outstanding WIE Chapter award granted to IEEE SCV WIE by Region 6!
Support the IEEE ILC 2018 Startup Winner – SmartGulz
As you know, less than 3 percent of VC funding is awarded to women. To level the playing field, SmartGurlz, winner of the IEEE ILC 2018 Start-up Pitch, is running a crowd equity campaign to raise Seed funding for the company. We would love to have WIE members as a micro investors in SmartGurlz – investments start as low as $1K. We have already raised $360,000 through hundreds of investors. SmartGurlz will also match each raise with a donation of SmartGurlz coding robots class pack to a school in need or choice of the investor.
Check out the Seed Invest page. We need and count on your support!
Epic Journey of Women in Computing won 3rd place
“The Epic Journey of Women in Computing: Advances, Setbacks, and an Uncertain Future” published in IEEE Annals of the History of Computing won third place in the Los Angeles Press Club’s Southern California Journalism Awards in the category Science/Technology Reporting . The journalism competition drew a record number of submissions this year from the nation’s biggest publishing, broadcasting, digital, and media outlets.
IEEE SCV WIE is dedicated to promoting and supporting women members of the IEEE at both the professional and student level. We share our enthusiasm in science and engineering through:
- INTERCHANGING expertise and experiences for self and career development,
- SUPPLYING latest technology through technical meetings,
- ACKNOWLEDGING promotions, contributions and accomplishments,
- PROMOTING the enhancement of education at work and school.
- April 2018 – Celebrating Women’s History Month at the Computer History Museum
- May 2018 – 2018 CHM Fellow Award – Dame Stephanie Shirley
- June 2018 – SCV-WIE showcase their presence at the IEEE WIE ILC 2018
- SmartGurlz wins the Startup Pitch Contest
- September 2018 – IEEE Empowers Future Leaders