IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests to a career in engineering.
Did you know we are:
- 15,000+ IEEE WIE members
- 600+ WIE affinity groups
- 1500+ annual WIE events
- in 70+ countries
2017 Outstanding WIE Chapter award granted to IEEE SCV WIE by Region 6!
Happy Hour Mixer
IEEE SCV WIE and SWE invite to join a common Happy Hour Mixer on November 1st.
Where: Santa Scala Square, Whole Foods
When: November 1st , 6:00 pm
Come and expand your network and don’t forget to bring a friend!
To confirm your participation follow the link
New Officer Election
In November it’s time to select the officers and directors for 2019. While officers have to be IEEE members, directors are volunteers supporting the IEEE WIE community without mandatory membership. If you are interested in joining us and become an active member in the women engineering community, please contact us!
IEEE SCV WIE is dedicated to promoting and supporting women members of the IEEE at both the professional and student level. We share our enthusiasm in science and engineering through:
- INTERCHANGING expertise and experiences for self and career development,
- SUPPLYING latest technology through technical meetings,
- ACKNOWLEDGING promotions, contributions and accomplishments,
- PROMOTING the enhancement of education at work and school.
- April 2018 – Celebrating Women’s History Month at the Computer History Museum
- May 2018 – 2018 CHM Fellow Award – Dame Stephanie Shirley
- June 2018 – SCV-WIE showcase their presence at the IEEE WIE ILC 2018
- SmartGurlz wins the Startup Pitch Contest
- September 2018 – IEEE Empowers Future Leaders
- October 2018 – Women in Service Computing