IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests to a career in engineering.
Did you know we are:
- 15,000+ IEEE WIE members
- 600+ WIE affinity groups
- 1500+ annual WIE events
- in 70+ countries
2017 Outstanding WIE Chapter award granted to IEEE SCV WIE by Region 6!
IEEE AI Symposium – Next Decade
Don’t miss the next event about the Future of Artificial Intelligence!
Cisco, IEEE SCV Section together with IEEE Young Professionals and IEEE Women in Engineering chapters you to join the 1 day symposium AI – The Next Decade
Where: Cisco, San Jose
When: Sept 23, 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Book your ticket today for early bird discount.
The event will conclude with Happy Hour and Networking giving you the opportunity to meet the speakers and other experts in the area.
Women in Computing ’19 a retrospective
2019 IEEE Women In Computing Summit held at Oracle Santa Clara Campus was organized by IEEE Women In Engineering Santa Clara Valley Chapter, Oracle Women’s Leadership and co-sponsored by IEEE Computer Society, IEEE SCV Young Professionals. Oracle was the major corporate sponsor. The summit hosted more than 15 distinguished speakers from Silicon Valley Tech Companies including Oracle, Intel, Qualcomm, Ericcsson, IBM, Cisco, Stanford, many more and was attended by approximately 150 professional women and men from Bay Area.
Keynote by Mary Ellen Kassotakis, Executive Director, Oracle’s Women Leadership was on Transitioning to Leadership: Mastering the Foundations was a comprehensive leadership quick-starter. Mary Ellen describes Leadership Foundations as Leadership Brand, Emotional Intelligence, Team formation, and Success behaviors. Key learning from the keynote is that leadership is about your ability to influence others and develop other leaders. Read more
IEEE SCV WIE is dedicated to promoting and supporting women members of the IEEE at both the professional and student level. We share our enthusiasm in science and engineering through:
- INTERCHANGING expertise and experiences for self and career development,
- SUPPLYING latest technology through technical meetings,
- ACKNOWLEDGING promotions, contributions and accomplishments,
- PROMOTING the enhancement of education at work and school.
- July 2019 – Women in Computing’19 a Retrospective
- June 2019 – Qualcomm Technical Talks
- November 2018 – With Her: A Skilled Girl Force
- October 2018 – Women in Service Computing
- September 2018 – IEEE Empowers Future Leaders
- SmartGurlz wins the Startup Pitch Contest
- June 2018 – SCV-WIE showcase their presence at the IEEE WIE ILC 2018
- May 2018 – 2018 CHM Fellow Award – Dame Stephanie Shirley
- April 2018 – Celebrating Women’s History Month at the Computer History Museum