Santa Clara Valley Section
IEEE Santa Clara Valley Section inspires Silicon Valley professionals and students to stay connected and to collaborate by creating and providing leadership programs to educate and to stimulate technological innovation, and engineering excellence.
About IEEE SCV
The Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section promotes the aims and objectives of the IEEE as stated in the IEEE Constitution and Bylaws. The Section concerns itself with all IEEE affairs taking place within the area prescribed by the IEEE as the territory of the SCV Section that geographically takes in all the peninsula cities south of Highway 92, plus the counties of Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz. The SCV, more popularly known as Silicon Valley, is the largest IEEE Section in the world in terms of membership as well as active chapters.
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE, pronounced “Eye-triple-E,” stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
Section & Chapters News
- January 27, 2018, SFBAC Office Training at Michael's Restaurant, located at 2960 N. Shoreline Blvd, Mountain View. You must pre-register on Eventbrite in the email invitation already sent to all chapter officers by Taylor Winship, SCV Section Secretary. Due to room capacity, registration preference will be limited to 2 officers per chapters. If you did not receive email from Taylor Winship, that means your chapter officer position is not current on vTools, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and, update your officer position on vTools.
- Due to travel and CES conflict, the January SCV Excom will move from 1/3/2018 (regular 1st Wed) to 1/17/2018 at Ericsson in Santa Clara. Meeting details will be emailed to all the chapter officers.
- Congratulations to the IEEE Santa Clara Valley Section for receiving the 2016 IEEE MGA Outstanding Large Section Award !!
- Except for Summer Break (July and August), monthly SCV Section ExCom meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of the month in the AMD Sunnyvale Conference Center.
- Computer History Museum - 50% discount for IEEE members. For 50% discount on Computer History Museum membership, see www.CHMdeal.com
- SCV-Section ExCom Meeting Schedule/Annual Chapter Report Listing. Download the SCV-Section ExCom Meeting Schedule/Annual Chapter Report Listing here: SCV_ChapReportSched-2017R2.pdf