IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME) 2016
July 11-15, 2016 – Seattle, USA
With around 1000 submissions and 500 participants each year, the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME) has been the flagship multimedia conference sponsored by four IEEE societies since 2000. It serves as a forum to promote the exchange of the latest advances in multimedia technologies, systems, and applications from both the research and development perspectives of the circuits and systems, communications, computer, and signal processing communities. The conference has a highly selective acceptance rate (15% for oral presentations and the next 15% for posters). In 2016, an Exposition of multimedia products, prototypes and animations will be held in conjunction with the conference.
– Three plenary speakers have been confirmed:
– Fei-Fei Li from Stanford University on image/video understanding
– Mark Billinghurst from University of South Australia on virtual/augmented reality
– Dariu Gavrila from Daimler R&D/University of Amsterdam on autonomous driving
– Six tutorials will be presented, FREE to all conference registrants:
– Situation Recognition from Multimodal Data, by Vivek K. Singh, Siripen Pongpaichet and Ramesh Jain
– Quality of Experience in Multimedia Systems and Services: A Journey Towards the Quality of Life, by Christian Timmerer, Fernando Pereira and Touradj Ebrahimi
– High Efficiency Video Coding – Coding Tools and Specification: HEVC V3 and Coming Developments, by Mathias Wien
– “Mulsemedia”-based Collaborative Mixed/Virtual Reality Environments, by Prabhakaran Balakrishnan
– Interactive Search in Video & Lifelog Repositories, by Frank Hopfgartner and Klaus Schoeffmann
– Graph Signal Processing for Image Compression & Restoration, by Gene Cheung and Xianming Liu
– Three Grand Challenges are looking for solutions:
– Twelve workshops have been accepted and are accepting submissions:
– New Hands-On Expo program is introduced this year. Companies are invited to join the Expo and showcase a coherent product, set of products, or product technology.
– Two panel sessions are planned:
– Making the Virtual Real: The Future of Augmented and Virtual Reality (with panelists from Google, Microsoft and Valve)
– Multimedia Research and Products: Increasing Impact (with panelists from sponsoring TCs)
– Two student programs will be organized. Selected students will receive financial support, thanks to sponsorship from the National Science Foundation.
– Student-Industry Luncheon
– Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition
– T-MM papers published on or after January 1, 2015 and manuscripts accepted on or before April 15, 2016 are eligible for presentation at ICME 2016.
Authors are invited to participate the Grand Challenges, and submit papers to our workshops, demos, industrial tracks, and student programs. For more details, please visit the conference website at http://icme2016.org/.
Workshop, Demo and Industry Track Paper Submission: March 18, 2016
Grand Challenge Paper and Data Submission: April 3, 2016
Notification of Workshop, Demo and Industry Track Paper Acceptance: April 22, 2016
T-MM Paper Presentation Submission: May 1, 2016
Camera-Ready Workshop and Demo Papers Due: May 13, 2016
Exhibition Application: May 13, 2016
Student-Industry Luncheon and 3MT Submission: May 13, 2016
Hands-On Expo Proposal Submission: May 15, 2016