- This event has passed.
Seattle IAS November Meeting – Seismic Design
November 20, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Presenter: Scott Whittington from International Seismic Application Technology
Scott has 22 yrs. in construction consulting, supply and design services and 6 years of commercial carpentry experience. Scott ISAT’s Northwest Technical Support Manager responsible for a five-state territory.
- What seismic restraints are and why they are required by law.
- Where do you find the requirements in the building code?
- Understanding seismic code terminology.
- How to identify whether seismic restraints are required on your projects and to what extent.
- How the seismic forces for a project are determined and what impacts the magnitude of the forces.
- Changes in the codes that can drastically affect the success of projects.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the project design team.
- What a “complete” seismic design package should look like.
- Questions & Answers
Bldg: Brown & Caldwell
701 Pike St