If you are new to the Portal, we suggest you review the information below.
This is our first ‘roll out’ and we know it is still awkward and clunky but, please bare with us. If you have abilities with web applications and database management, we need your help. Please contact email@example.com. Thanks.
Volunteer’s Map of posted positions
|Existing Volunteer Opportunities:|
|Position Title||Organization||Contact||Phone||e-Mail (Copy to Address bar)|
|Treasurer||CHAPTER 8 EMC (EMC27) Electromagnetic Compatibility Soc.||Matt Feussefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fellows Committee||Member Development:||Wm Moylanemail@example.com|
|Vice-Chair N&ACom||Nominations & Appointments Committee||Kimball Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director of Elections||Nominations & Appointments Committee||Kimball Williamsemail@example.com|
|Director of Appointments||Nominations & Appointments Committee||Kimball Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary Nominations & Appointments Committee||Nominations & Appointments Committee||Kimball Williamsemail@example.com|
|Wavelengths Editor||e-Wavelength Productions:, Newsletter Productions:||Nevi Kaja||313 587 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Conference Committee Member||Conference Committee||Nevi Kaja||313 587 email@example.com|
|Chair – Technical Activities Committee (TAC)||Technical Activities||Kimball Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Information Management Coordinator||Technical Activities||Kimball Williamsemail@example.com|
|Chair – Education Committee||Education Committee||Kimball Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chair – Technical Activities||Technical Activities||Kimball Williamsemail@example.com|
|Assistant Information Management Coord.||Technical Activities||Kimball Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chair of Education||Education Committee||Kimball Williamsemail@example.com|
|Chair Communications Committee||Communications and Marketing Committee||Ravi Nigam||+1 734 997 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chair Nominations & Appointments||Nominations & Appointments Committee||Kimball Williamsemail@example.com|
|Fall 2018 Senior Elevation – Assistant||Member Development:||Irina Sullivanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Posted Positions Map Link to be added soon…..we hope.
Description of Volunteer Portal:
Welcome to the IEEE Southeastern Michigan Section “Volunteer Portal”. Volunteer activities provide opportunities for skill development in those critical ‘non-technical’ areas that can make or break an engineering career. In addition, they expand your network, help with team building skills and enhance engagement with other engineers.
This access point provides opportunities to engage with IEEE Officers, Standing Committees and Geo-units in volunteer tasks of two types; ‘Micro-Volunteer’ Single (one time only) and Officer Appointments on the staff of committees and Geo-units (Affinity Groups and Chapters and Student Branches).
We encourage you to review all the opportunities listed in each type, and try ones that suit your volunteer time availability and interest.
Note: If you begin a task and circumstances prevent your fulfilling the requirements, simply notify the contact person so other arrangements may be made.
- Single Tasks
- These tasks will only need to be done once. Each task title includes an estimate of how long it will take to accomplish, a target time for completion and a contact person for further information, and notification when the task has been accomplished.
- Officer Postings
Postings are of two types: Standing Committees and Geo-units (Affinity Groups, Chapters and Student Branches). These are long term assignments with links to the associated job descriptions (where one currently exists).
- Appointments to Standing Committees may be re-appointed, based on the Committee Chair’s assessment of performance.
- Appointments to fill vacancies in Geo-units may require standing for election at the regular election period for all Geo-units in the Section (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary or Treasurer). Other positions may only require re-appointment by the Geo-unit Chair.
Note: Membership in a specific Geo-unit Technical Society may be required, if the appointment is to a Senior Officer position; i.e. Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary or Treasurer.
Posted Positions Map:
<<Link to be added soon. >>
Information for Officers filling out the position entry form:
Officers link to position entry form Below:
- The first page of the form will ask for the following:
- E-Mail of Officer filling the form
- Contact person name, phone number & e-mail
- The following ‘Drop Down’ listings will ask for the following (information in Org Roster):
- Related Committee or Geo-unit
- Task Title (The Task Title will link in the ‘display page’ to the formal Job Description)
- If this is not an existing position, the form will ask for the following:
- Task Title
- Brief Job Description
- Task Time Estimate
- Task Target Date
- If this is a Periodic Reoccurring Tasks
- Task Title
- Task Description
- Estimate Hours / Week
- Estimate # Meeting / Month
Officers link to position entry form