IEEE SF Bay Nanotechnology Council Presents
8th Annual Fall Symposium
“Nanovation: From Science to Startups”
Saturday October 27th 2012, 9 AM – 5 PM
Location: Stanley Hall, University Drive, UC Berkeley Campus, Berkeley CA
Since its conceptualization by Dr. Richard Feynman, Nanotechnology has come a long way in its development and the Nanotechnology Age is the likely successor of the Information Age. Its penetration in electronics, medicine, textiles etc. has been disruptive in many arenas of science and technology. Due to its enormous potential Researchers, Entrepreneurs, and Investors have shown tremendous interest in Nanotechnology and invested significantly each in their own way. This symposium is focused on bringing together the unique perspectives of these three groups and reviewing the progress so far and the ever widening landscape of Nanotechnology. Centered on the current activities of students and recent graduates this event will include a poster session.
Confirmed Speaker List:
• Keynote: Carol Mimura, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Intellectual Property & Industry Research Alliances UC, Berkeley
• Mark Bunger, Director of Research, LUX Research
• Shadi A. Dayeh, Prof, Dept of ECE, UCSD. Fellow, Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies at Los Alamos National Lab
• Jessica Koehne, Nano-bio sensing systems Scientist at NASA Ames Research Center
• Zvi Or-Bach, Founder & CEO of MonolothICTM 3D, Chairman of the Board of Zeno Semiconductor, Serial Entrepreneur
• Zachary Smith, Project Scientist and Fellow, Center for Biophotonics Science and Technology, UC Davis Medical Center
• Robert Walters, President and CEO Integrated Plasmonics Corporation
• Ben Wang, Founder and Vice President of Svaya Nanotechnologies
• Eli Yablonovitch, Prof, Dept of EECS UCB, Director NSF Center for Energy Efficient Electronics Science
Registration Fees (Light breakfast and Lunch included)
- IEEE Members: $50, Non-members: $75
- Students: Must register to attend at no cost
(A generous but limited number of no cost admissions is available)
Register by October 23rd at early bird rates and save $10!
For Pay at door registration add $10.