Call for Papers
The 2018 IEEE 9th International Symposium on Sensorless Control for Electrical Drives (SLED) will be held in Helsinki, Finland, on September 13-14, 2018. It will present the latest advancements and future perspectives of sensorless drives. The symposium will bring together international experts from both the academia and industry. Keynote presentations, social functions, and a technical tour at ABB Drives, Helsinki, will be included in the symposium program.
Topics of Interests
The symposium solicits original technical papers. Topic areas for consideration include:
- Signal-injection-based and back-emf-based sensorless methods
- Sensorless self-commissioning and parameter adaptation
- Sensorless methods for special machines (multiphase, bearingless, etc.)
- Design of electrical machines for sensorless operation
- Replacing or augmenting existing sensors (current, voltage, temperature) with observers
- Condition monitoring for the converter, motor, or load without extra sensors
- Sensorless and signal-injection-based methods applied to grid-connected converters
- Emerging applications for sensorless drives
- Role of emerging technologies (such as industrial internet and 5G) in control, monitoring, and self-commissioning of sensorless drives
Prospective authors are requested to submit a digest no longer than five (5) pages, single column, single spaced, summarizing the proposed paper. The digest should include key equations, figures, tables and references as appropriate, but no author names or affiliations. Deviations from these essential requirements will be grounds for immediate rejection. The digests must clearly state the objectives of the work, its significance in advancing engineering or science, and the methods and specific results in sufficient detail. The digests will be reviewed using a double-blind peer review process to ensure confidentiality and fair review.
- February 11, 2018: Digest submission
- May 31, 2018: Notification of acceptance or rejection
- August 1, 2018: Final papers with IEEE copyright forms
All accepted and presented papers will be published in proceedings and will be included in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. The presented papers are eligible to be reviewed for the IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications.