Call for Tutorials, Workshops, and Demonstrations
Proposals are being accepted for tutorials, workshops, and demonstrations (TWD) for IEEE SoutheastCon 2019. Tutorials, workshops, and demonstrations will be scheduled from Thursday through Sunday morning.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Proposals should be no longer than two pages and should include:
- An abstract (limit 500 words)
- An outline of the TWD
- The proposed length of the TWD (1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, or 8 hours)
- The resumé(s) of the instructor(s)
- Fees required by attendees
- Any other pertinent information or clarification
Please send electronic copies of the proposals for tutorials, presentations, and workshops (in pdf-format) to Technical Program Chair, Dr. Ravi Gorur.
Technical Presentation Format
Technical presentations may be done in three ways:
- Short Paper with Poster Presentation
- Regular Paper with Oral Presentation
- Regular Paper with both Oral and Poster Presentation
A Short paper is 1-2 pages in length, while a Regular paper is 1-8 pages. For either, up to two additional pages can be purchased for $50 each. Aside from the different length limit and presentation format, submission of very preliminary work as a short paper is encouraged, whereas a regular paper should represent work which has produced significant results. There is no additional charge for a regular paper to also be given as a Poster; this is to encourage demonstrations and interactive displays that might not be suitable within the oral presentation format.