5th IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability
Airport Marriott, Phoenix Arizona
November 12-14, 2017
Welcome to the 2017 IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability – Engineering and the Environment (SusTech). SusTech 2017 is sponsored by the IEEE Oregon Section, IEEE Region 6, IEEE Phoenix Section and IEEE-USA. Technical co-sponsors are the IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT).
“We have never faced such a test, but neither have we encountered such great opportunity. You have the power to secure the well-being of this and succeeding generations.” -UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon at the UN Climate Change Conference Paris 2015
Environmental Sustainability is at the forefront of global issues facing humanity. Advances in technology, policy and social behavior are essential for the pursuit of environmentally sound development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the future.
The IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability (SusTech 2017) aims to explore the development and application of science, engineering, and technology to promote sustainability.
If you are passionate about the environment and sustainability, if you are developing innovative solutions to drive sustainable development, if you are interested in connecting to, learning from and collaborating with engineering, science, technology and community leaders, you MUST attend SusTech 2017.
The Conference will be held at Airport Marriott, 1101 North 44th Street Phoenix, AZ 85008 on November 12-14, 2017.
The goal of the IEEE Technologies for Sustainability (Sustech) Conference is to explore the development and application of science, engineering and technology to promote sustainability in these areas:
- Renewable/Alternative Energy (e.g. solar, wind, tidal, fuel cells, energy harvesting, nuclear, thermal, power distribution)
- Energy Efficiency (e.g. sensors and measurement, energy saving controls, auto electronics & fuel economy, data centers, power saving, Smart Environment)
- Internet of Things – IOT for sustainability (e.g.: sensors, computing, control, communication, storage and drive electronics targeted for IOT applications, medical electronics)
- Transportation Electrification (e.g. electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, aviation/drones, motors, drive controls, batteries, sensors, environmental & power distribution impacts)
- Smart Grid (e.g. communications, control, power electronics, industrial and home applications, energy storage, demand control and response)
- eWaste (e.g. reduction, conversion, disposal, recycling, materials harvesting, reuse, managing product lifecycle)
- Electronics (e.g. components and systems, global materials supply, sustainable manufacturing and industrial applications, reuse and repair of consumer electronics, Open repair manuals and on-line repair and electronics sustainability resources, best practices)
- Societal Implications / Quality of Life (e.g. engineering of sustainable solutions, implementation challenges for sustainable technologies, Smart Cities, health & medical electronics, global education & human resources, ethics and professional responsibility, risk management, public policy)
Please Fill out this form to be added to our mailing list.