Silicon Valley History Committee
The IEEE Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section created the Silicon Valley History Committee to hold regular technical meetings on a broad range of historical technologies that were conceived, developed, or progressed in greater Silicon Valley.
Meetings are typically held on the second Thursday of January, March, June, September and October at the KeyPoint Credit Union, Santa Clara
Nothing currently scheduled
To access the abstacts, presentations and/or videos of our meetings, please visit the Committee Events page.
Current members and their fields of expertise are:
- Chairperson: Brian Berg- Software, Microprocessors and Mass Storage
- Vice Chair: Tom Coughlin- Mass Storage (both magnetic and solid state)
- Treasurer & Webmaster: Tom Gardner-Storage, mainframe computers and networking
- Francine Bellson- Physics, Member at Large
- Ted Hoff- Electronics (vacuum tubes, transistors, discrete components, ICs, semiconductor memory, etc)
- Ken Pyle- Videographer, Member at Large
- Geoff Thompson- LANs (especially Ethernet standards and applications) and Internet
- Alan J Weissberger- Semiconductors, telecom, and academic research
- Paul Wesling- Silicon Valley history and diverse technologies)
IEEE members are invited to volunteer to help the IEEE Silicon Valley Technology History committee in anyway that would progress our mission. We are especially seeking volunteers who are subject matter experts on: the Internet, PCs, larger computers (mainframes and minicomputers), military and space electronics/defense systems, control systems (e.g. air traffic control, command and control, supervisory control, etc), instrumentation, calculators, and other technologies that are indigenous to Silicon Valley. IEEE membership is a requirement along with willingness to serve in any capacity, i.e. organizing or participating in technical meetings, help with on-site logistics, email lists, web site content, promotion, liaison with IEEE groups or other non-profit organizations.
For general questions and to volunteer for this committee, please contact either co-chair
To join our event notification email list, please contact: brianberg[at]gmail[dot]com