, Affinity Group and Student Branch Chairs
Welcome to the annual Sweden IEEE Chair workshop on Tuesday 3 Sept 2019!
The workshop will be held at KTH in Stockholm city (Herlitz Seminar room, Teknikringen 33, floor 3, KTH Campus, Stockholm) and via WebEx, starting 09:00 (sharp) and ending 17:00, followed by an (optional) dinner nearby KTH campus. We combine this with IEEE Day celebrations & photo, as last years.
On this page you also find a preliminary agenda. Also other details will be updated and available as we come closer to the workshop.
In order to have productive discussions we kindly ask each of you to present for 5-10 minutes
- Details of your Chapter/affinity group; Briefly what done 2018-2019, and your plans for 2020 as well as ambitions & ideas for 2020 – 2021
- Your thoughts on IEEE Sweden going forward & how (see food for thought below)
Very warm welcome to you all and I look forward to seeing you soon.
Chair IEEE Sweden Section
Food for thoughts on IEEE Sweden going forward:
- More collaboration with industry, combined events with academia to give a broader perspective of things
- AI is the way forward- how can we join hands and be the torch bearers
- Declining membership- we are below 2000 members at the moment, what can we do to retain members
- International events like Nordic SYP and R8 meeting- if all join hands, it could be successful and the results will be far lasting