- May 5, 2014: ITSS distinguished lecture presented by Wei-Bin Zhang (VP for Conferences of IEEE ITSS, University of California at Berkeley, USA) in the higher institute of Transport and Logistics in Sousse (ISTLS) <photos>
- May 1-3, 2014: 3rd International Conference on Advanced Logistics and Transport (ICALT), technically co-sponsored by the ITSS, in Yassmine Hammamet, Tunisia. Website: www.icalt.org/2014/
Welcome to the website of the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society (ITSS), Tunisia Chapter!
The IEEE Tunisia ITSS Chapter was established on March 3, 2014 by 16 Members as follow: 2 Senior Members, 7 Members, 6 Graduate Student Members, and 1 Student Member.
The ITS Society focus covers the theoretical, experimental, and operational aspects of electrical and electronics engineering and information technologies as applied to intelligent transportation systems (ITS). ITS are defined as those systems utilizing synergistic technologies and systems engineering concepts to develop and improve transportation systems of all kinds.
The society sponsors the annual Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference (ITSC), the Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IVS), along with several other smaller conferences including ICVES, SOLI, ISI, and MESA.
The ITSS membership includes Society Newsletter (electronic), IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine (electronic and print), and IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems (electronic).
The society includes the following technical committees (TC):
- TC on Mobile Communication Networks
- TC on Artificial Transportation Systems and Simulation
- TC on Logistics Services
- TC on Software Infrastructure in ITS
- TC on Traffic and Travel Management
- TC on Intelligence and Security Informations for Transportation Systems
- TC on Railroad Systema and Applications
- TC on Communication Networks
- TC on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems in ITS
- TC on Vehicle Safety Technologies and applications
- TC on ITS Education
Web site: http://sites.ieee.org/itss/
The objectives of the ITSS Tunisia chapter are:
- To encourage researchers to cooperate;
- To increase contributions in the area of Intelligent Transportation Systems;
- To disseminate latest ITS innovations to Tunisia.
These objectives can be achieved through various activities including seminars, lectures, schools, conferences, and other events.
If you are interested to join the ITSS Tunisia Chapter, please do not hesitate to send us an e-mail to itss.tn [at] ieee.org !