If you have a lot of similar L31 reports to submit, we encourage you to schedule meetings before hand and then use L31 templates avilable from the meetings’ pages. However, if that is not feasible, then you can use a work around to automatically fill in fields in similar L31 reports using a Firefox browser add-on. Four minute tutorial showing this technique is available here: http://vtools.ieee.org/TUTORIALS/auto-fill-in/auto-fill-in.html
Archive for 2010
We are happy to announce that vTools.Voting version 1.2.2 and WebInABox version 2.1 have been released. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.
vTools.Voting version 1.2.2 list of changes:
- Added ability to paste text (such as bios and voter instructions) from MS Word without loosing formatting or exceeding character limits
- Linked IEEE and vTools logs to respective websites
WebInABox version 2.1 list of changes:
- Changed “skin” to the new IEEE Style Sheet in order to comply with IEEE web guidelines
- Fixed warning messages not going away
- Upgraded to Rails 2.3.5
- Added saving of website creator’s username for audit purposes
The one time subscription setup is as follows:
- login with IEEE web account credentials at http://meetings.vtools.ieee.org
- click on “View Feeds (RSS/HTML/XML/iCal)” link
- subscribe to an appropriate feed using favorite RSS reader
In addition, you can use a free service to receive an e-mail digest of the RSS feed. You can use it to subscribe to the RSS and have the digest e-mailed to a specific e-mail. Two free services that you can use are http://www.feedmyinbox.com/ and http://blogtrottr.com/
vTools charter is defined in section 4.19 of the Member and Geographic Activities Operations Manual:
List of changes:
Over the weekend DimDim released version 6 of the software. It is enhanced with the following new features:
“Screen and Application Sharing
Share your entire desktop, a single application or region.
Check on the status of your meeting by taking live votes on any question you can imagine.
Upload and store all your presentations, PPTs, and now Word and Excel docs in our secure cloud.
Present YouTube videos, Picasa albums or any embed code live during your event.”
4-Way Video Chat
In the latest version DimDim doubled the number of cameras from 2 to 4
Please note that the old web page sharing function is now a part of the Screen Sharing functionality. You can share a web page via sharing a web browser application . In order to share an application, click on “Share Screen” and then select “Application”.
Meetings that you schedule in the Meetings tool are available in 3 places:
1) your section/chapter/affinity group website (one time integration setup is required. See “Integration with Existing website” tutorial available here: http://wiki.vtools.ieee.org/bin/view/Main/Meetings/UserManuals )
2) myIEEE “Community” screen under “IEEE Section Activities” module
3) vTools.Meetings site itself : http://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/meeting_view/list (login to view meetings for your section only)
There will be a limited outage of vTools on Wednesday, August 11 2010 due to central system updates. Parts of vTools will not be available from 7 AM to 12 PM Eastern time. Specifically updating WebInABox sites and creating new elections in vTools.Voting will not work. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This note is to announce a new release of vTools.Meetings version 3.0. This release adds credit card payment option to the registration functionality and some improvements to the L31 functionality as well as other small bug fixes.
The new version is planned to be deployed on Wednesday, July 14th. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.
- L31 Reporting Changes
- Changes to allow any IEEE Member to VIEW all Meeting Reports
- Improved wording on List / Search
- Credit Card Payment functionality
- payment option within registration functionality to allow accept credit card payments and have them directly deposited in Concentration Banking. Payment reports will be available from vTools and Concentration Banking System. For more information view this tutorial.
Please note that the payment functionality is NOT enabled automatically for every organizational unit. Please email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org to have this functionality enabled for your region and section events.
- This functionality is not meant to be used for large events, such as conferences. If you need to process payments for a large event please contact email@example.com for help.
- Volunteers shall be responsible for manually issuing refunds when necessary using CBR checks.
This note is to announce move of the Voting tool into production environment. After a successful Pilot the vTools.Voting tool has entered production phase. vTools.Voting enables volunteers to setup electronic ballot to allow members submit votes in their Section, Chapter, or Affinity Group officer elections online (please note that this is different from the general IEEE elections). Click here to get started: https://voting.vtools.ieee.org