Events 6.3 has been release to production on 20 Dec 2017.
We are excited to announce that an update to vTools.Events is available.
With this release, volunteers will be able to view and manage their events and any reporting details in one view through the use of administrative dashboard-like pages while reporting an event that has been held (L31) is further simplified.
This administration dashboard will include a list of the top 20 events displayed in three (3 tabs (Recent, Upcoming, Draft).
- Schedule a new event
- View the published event as the public would on the web
- File a report for past events
- Manage a single event on it’s own dashboard
Manage a single event
This dashboard is where users will find all of the current volunteer administrative options:
- Manage Registration and Attendance details
- Create from existing event
- File a report – New – click to enter attendance numbers and submit!
One view of an event and report details
- Search Events results will include all events in vTools.Events with reporting details and options such as:
- Reported On date, if applicable
- An option to file a report
- View published event
- Manage a single event and all related report content
Streamlined report submission
- To file a report, the volunteer need only provide the attendance numbers
- A ‘File Report’ option will be available on Search Events, Events / Report Administration and when managing a single event’s content.
vTools Events are automatically included in RSS feeds used for organizational unit website calendars, IEEE Collabratec and the IEEE EventFinder Mobile App.
So please use vTools Events to schedule your meetings for maximum visibility.
This new functionality enables Student Branches and Student Branch Chapters to use vTools Events to schedule and report their local meeting activity.
The tutorials have been updated and are available at: http://sites.ieee.org/vtools/vtools-events-tutorials/
Please do not hesitate to contact MGA Information Management staff at anytime with questions, comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.