On 09 January 2019 eNotice version 2.0.0 was released.
eNotice 2.0.0 introduces the following enhancement:
eNotice has been updated with a user interface. It is fully responsive to mobile devices
This dashboard provides up-to-the minute information on eNotices you’ve created as well as other officers who support your organizational unit.
The listing includes options to:
- Search by Subject or Recipient (Organizational Unit)
- Apply filters to display eNotices based on status – Draft, Submitted, Pending, Canceled, Sent
- Sort the listing by Subject, Send by date, Reminder, Priority, Type (Express, Standard)
- View and Manage a single eNotice – administrative options : Preview, Edit, Duplicate, Contact Staff, Send Test eNotice
‘Create eNotice‘ opens a blank eNotice form
Manage a single eNotice
This dashboard is where users will find all of the administrative options for a single eNotice.
This page includes:
- Recipient information – the organizational unit / audience the eNotice will be sent to.
Options to manage an eNotice:
- Contact Staff – email sent will include a link to eNotice
- Send Test eNotice – sends a copy to the signed in user; provides an example of how your recipients will see your eNotice
- Copy Message Source – copy message to clipboard
eNotice Express now supports attachments. Up to 10 MiB can be uploaded to an eNotice.
Send eNotice to Registrants
Using vTools.Events, you will be able to send an eNotice to the registrans saved to a single event.
This new feature utilizes the registrant list (saved for a single event) to load the email addresses to a custom recipient list in eNotice.
In compliance with GDPR, every email address included in the custom recipient list will be validated to confirm the registrant has provided explicit consent to send emails to them from the local geo units and IEEE. Only those who have provided explicit consent will be included in the custom recipient list and may receive eNotices. Every eNotice includes a link to manage their consent preferences in the footer – for both IEEE members and those recipients on a custom recipient list as defined above.
This feature is only for a list of registrants that have been saved to a single event.
NOTE: If consent has not been provided, the email address will be removed from the custom recipient list in eNotice.
NOTE: eNotice and Events does not support the manual upload of an email list at this time.
As with all of the vTools applications, upgrades to the next version of Ruby on Rails has been applied.
Please review the latest eNotice tutorials by clicking here
Questions, comments or suggestions can be emailed to email@example.com